Integrity Monitoring & Compliance
Government regulators, businesses, and courts focus on integrity and compliance now more than ever. Private businesses, public agencies, and non-profits alike are more proactive and seek to weed out potentially illegal and unethical conduct before and after the commencement of a criminal investigation. Whether chosen voluntarily or imposed by the courts or government regulators, Lemire LLC has expertise in identifying the sources of criminal and unethical conduct, and implementing procedures and protocols to avoid future problems.
As an independent monitor, Lemire LLC discovers and eliminates internal violations, and ensures future compliance without overreaching or disrupting day-to-day operations. Our experienced professionals are strategically deployed to provide specialized support, allowing us to serve as an independent monitor in any industry or profession.
As experts in compliance management, Lemire LLC will help your organization develop and implement a comprehensive and tailored compliance program. We are specialists in operational risk management and will help you supplement your existing compliance program, or work with you to build a compliance program from the ground up.
- Risk assessments of existing operations to identify gaps in current practice
- Audits of internal processes and procedures
- Forensic accounting reviews
- Contract and procurement assessment and review
- Employee and witness interviews
- Surveillance and site visits
- Evaluation of existing reporting and compliance practices
- Assessment of internal processes for susceptibility to fraud, corruption, and cost-abuse
- Monitorship of the New York City District Council of Carpenters, a 25,000-member labor union, as ordered by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York
- Monitorship of a federally-funded housing construction site, conducting audits to verify wage and supplemental benefits payments, as ordered by a New York City government agency
- Audits of municipal reporting for compliance with federal (HUD) grant regulations in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy
- Appointment in connection with the Consent Order signed by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey regarding municipal bond disclosure requirements.
OUR TEAM HAS FOUND EVIDENCE OF:
- Internal and external fraud
- Failure to adhere to regulatory controls
- Unsafe living/working conditions
- Noncompliance with laws, rules, and regulations